- Identify organizational risk using standard frameworks – NIST, DFARS, CMMC, ISO, etc.
- Prioritize risks and create your risk register
- Create your customized roadmap to translate risk into action
Cybersecurity Services in Defense Contractors and Manufacturers
Dense contracts are demanding, high-pressure, and time sensitive. Add in compliance requirements such as DFARS/CMMC, NIST, ISO standards, and significant dependence upon third parties, and it’s a perfect storm of cybersecurity and compliance challenges. State actors are continually looking for the ‘weakest link’ to gain intelligence on their opponents; defense contractors are at the top of the list.
DFARS Clause 252.204-7012 requires DoD contractors, including small businesses, to:
- Provide adequate security to safeguard covered defense information that resides in or transits through their internal unclassified information systems from unauthorized access and disclosure.
- Rapidly report cyber incidents to DoD at https://dibnet.dod.mil.
- When contractors or subcontractors discover and isolate malicious software in connection with a reported cyber incident, submit the malicious software to DoD Cyber Crime Center (DC3) in accordance with instructions provided by DC3 or the Contracting Officer.
- Preserve and protect images of all known affected information systems identified and all relevant monitoring/packet capture data for at least 90 days from the submission of the cyber incident report to allow DoD to request the media or decline interest.
We have a variety of manufacturing clients, large and small, and work with their teams to support their production, DFARS, and NIST compliance issues. We understand what’s essential to manufacturing for defense; we learn quickly and roll up our sleeves to get to work alongside your team to protect your operation and meet your contractual and compliance obligations.
Cybersecurity Challenges for Defense Contractors and Manufacturers
Defense Manufacturers face a range of unique problems, including:
- high compliance requirements (NIST, CMMC, DFARS) from the government and the contractors they support.
- cost-conscious leadership (and oversight) that requires justification for every dime spent
- subcontractors and vendors that may not protect their environment from hackers
- demands in turnaround time that rarely leave minutes to spare, even on a good day
- legacy networks and software systems that were grown over time rather than designed from scratch
Cybersecurity Threats Facing Defense Contractors
- Specialized, well-funded, and highly capable state actors targeting smaller defense contractors.
- RFI/RFQ process’s well-publicized requirements provide insights into information possessed by defense contractors.
- Hackers frequently target subcontractors and vendors to access larger firms.
Information Security Services for Defense Contractors and Manufacturers
Risks and Compliance TestingLearn More
Risks and Compliance Testing
Vulnerability AssessmentsLearn More
- A high-level overview of tech vulnerabilities
- Regular scanning to identify new external and internal threats
- Satisfy your ever-changing compliance requirements
Incident Response and Disaster RecoveryLearn More
Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
- Prepare with an Incident Response Plan or deploy us as the “boots-on-the-ground” during an incident
- Develop and conduct tabletop exercises to test your strategies and team against reality
- Preemptively establish ProCircular as your trusted partner in case of emergency
Penetration Testing and PreparationLearn More
Penetration Testing and Preparation
- Discover how your public entity looks from the hacker’s perspective
- Validate your existing public security investments and partner performance
- Develop a remediation plan with technical steps to promptly fix vulnerabilities
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)Learn More
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Monitoring by security professionals to prevent and detect threats
- Be notified proactively of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends
- Stay informed through real-time dashboards updated with trends and changes in the environment
vCISO ServicesLearn More
- Dedicated expert cybersecurity advisors
- Develops, coordinates, and executes a flexible security strategy
- Gain access to exclusive discussions and events with other leaders
Protect Your Defense Manufacturing Projects with ProCircular
Compliance and cybersecurity is complex, and it can be an essential part of protecting your projects. ProCircular is among the best cybersecurity companies in Iowa, and we’re experienced with handling many different types of cybersecurity challenges. If you’re ready to protect your defense manufacturing projects from cybersecurity threats, reach out to our team.