- Identify, quantify, and prioritize your cyber and compliance risks
- Integrate with and enhance your existing compliance efforts
- Create your customized roadmap to translate risk into action
Cybersecurity for Financial Institutions
Every organization faces cybersecurity and compliance risks, but cybersecurity for financial institutions is often faced with additional compliance requirements and regulations. With increasing dependence upon online systems, changing client expectations and a moving target in compliance, financial services cybersecurity is complex and challenging to manage on your own.
ProCircular can help you to identify and address your most pressing cybersecurity challenges in a cost-conscious way. Our security experts navigate complex financial cybersecurity regulations with ease, ensuring your systems are secure and fully compliant.
Cybersecurity Challenges for Banks and Financial Institutions
Financial institutions have a variety of unique cybersecurity challenges, including:
Protecting Financial Records
Financial institutions store sensitive information such as clients’ personal information, financial records, personal wealth and investment accounts. Because banks and financial institutions handle money and financial information, they are often targeted by hackers attempting to steal valuable data.
Frequency of Transactions
A number of different transactions frequently occur at financial institutions. This includes money withdrawals and deposits, investment transfers, financial filings, loan processing, fund transfers and other activities. Clients are often performing financial activities via banking apps and online portals, all of which are vulnerable to cyber threats.
Adhering to Banking Cybersecurity Regulations
There are many strict financial sector cybersecurity regulations in place in order to keep private data safe. These cybersecurity regulations and compliance requirements come from various outside agencies such as SEC, FFIEC, IRS and FINRA. Financial services cybersecurity must consider all regulatory requirements.
Cybersecurity Threats Facing Financial Services Providers
Threats come to the financial industry from several sources:
- Wire Fraudsters work to steal funds by placing themselves between the client, the financial institution and the recipient of a transfer.
- Ransomware is used to lock up computer systems and impact time-sensitive activities.
- Regulatory Expectations – Although they’re intended to be helpful, compliance guidelines are constantly changing, evolving and occasionally complicating financial services cybersecurity efforts.
- Human Error – All institutions are susceptible to risks associated with human error, and financial institutions are no exception.
- Identity Theft and other targeted attempts to access personal credentials and financial data.
- Other External Threats such as email phishing, card skimming and more.
Information Security Services for the Financial Sector
ProCircular offers a number of products and services in order to facilitate improved cybersecurity for financial institutions, including banks, accounting firms, credit unions, investment advisors, wealth managers and more. These solutions provide peace of mind while helping your organization operate in compliance with essential financial and banking cybersecurity regulations.
Risks and Compliance Testing
- A high-level overview of technical vulnerabilities
- Regular scanning to identify new external and internal threats
- Satisfy your ever-changing compliance requirements (FFIEC, OCC, CFPB, etc.)
Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
- Prepare with an Incident Response Plan or deploy us as the “boots-on-the-ground” during an incident
- Develop and conduct tabletop exercises to test your strategies and team against reality
- Preemptively establish ProCircular as your trusted partner in case of emergency
Penetration Testing and Preparation
- Discover how your institution or firm looks from the hacker’s perspective
- Validate your existing security investments and partner performance
- Develop a remediation plan with technical steps to promptly fix vulnerabilities
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Monitoring by security professionals to prevent and detect threats
- Be notified proactively of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends
- Stay informed through real-time dashboards updated with trends and changes in the environment
- Dedicated expert cybersecurity advisor with seasoned experience in finance and banking
- Develops and coordinates security strategy and integrates with existing operations
- Gain access to exclusive discussions and events with other leaders in financial services
Protect Your Clients, Customers & Financial Institution with ProCircular
When you partner with ProCircular, you’ll be working with one of the top cybersecurity companies in Iowa. We have extensive experience and expertise working on solutions for financial services cybersecurity, and we have worked with banks, credit unions and other types of financial organizations.
Our team is looking forward to learning more about your cybersecurity needs and helping you meet important financial sector cybersecurity regulations. Reach out to our team today to get started creating a cybersecurity plan.