- Identify public sector risks
- Prioritize risks and create your flexible risk register
- Integrate with and enhance your existing compliance efforts
Cybersecurity Solutions for Government Entities
State, county and municipal governments face a variety of different challenges when it comes to protecting valuable and sensitive information. Citizens expect the Government to protect their personal and financial data while minimizing reliance on taxpayer funding. As a result, budgets are limited, and leaders in IT and Security are forced to get creative with their solutions.
Our team of government cybersecurity experts has worked with all levels of government and can help to provide strategies, insights and innovative solutions to meet those unique challenges. Headquartered in Coralville, Iowa, ProCircular has supported auditors, city managers and leaders in some of the largest counties in the Midwest. We have also worked with leaders at the state level to help safeguard citizens’ privacy and security.
Cybersecurity Challenges for State and Local Governments
Several unique and conflicting challenges facing those responsible for protecting the citizens of their respective areas. These challenges include:
Elections require heightened security and drive significant changes to priority with some frequency. Government cybersecurity for elections means taking extra precautions to prevent voter fraud, keep ballots safe and promote citizens’ access to key election information.
Working with Aging Networks and Systems
Government offices often operate using complex systems and aging networks. Older systems are especially vulnerable to cybersecurity threats. ProCircular considers these cybersecurity challenges for state and local governments when implementing solutions.
Balancing Transparency and Security
Citizens expect a certain amount of transparency from their government representatives. However, transparency must be balanced with security and data protection. Government offices store personal data, financial information, legal documents and other sensitive information.
Shifting Government Priorities
Government authorities are constantly responding to new information and making plans in order to provide citizens with the most up-to-date facts. Flexibility is needed in order to address changing priorities and allow agencies to focus on the most important things — all while keeping information and communication secure.
Cybersecurity Threats Facing Government Agencies
The biggest threats to the public sector are different than those facing most companies:
- Hacktivists and state actors are far more likely to use public sites to distribute propaganda.
- Hackers can easily access public contracts and other freely available information, giving them an excellent opportunity to learn about their targets.
- Ransomware is increasingly likely due to very high traffic levels and a high volume of emails being sent.
- Data Breaches are often more costly and more dangerous when government networks are targeted because they can compromise confidential data and sensitive government information.
- Cyberattacks can threaten critical government infrastructure and threaten citizens’ safety and wellbeing.
Information Security Services for Government Agencies
ProCircular’s team of experts is experienced with developing and implementing cybersecurity solutions for government agencies. These solutions are tailored to suit unique needs related to cybersecurity for local government, state governments and other civic entities.
Risks and Compliance TestingLearn More
Risks and Compliance Testing
Vulnerability AssessmentsLearn More
- A high-level overview of tech vulnerabilities
- Regular scanning to identify new external and internal threats
- Satisfy your ever-changing compliance requirements
Incident Response and Disaster RecoveryLearn More
Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
- Prepare with an Incident Response Plan or deploy us as the “boots-on-the-ground” during an incident
- Develop and conduct tabletop exercises to test your strategies and team against reality
- Preemptively establish ProCircular as your trusted partner in case of emergency
Penetration Testing and PreparationLearn More
Penetration Testing and Preparation
- Discover how your public entity looks from the hacker’s perspective
- Validate your existing public security investments and partner performance
- Develop a remediation plan with technical steps to promptly fix vulnerabilities
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)Learn More
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Monitoring by security professionals to prevent and detect threats
- Be notified proactively of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends
- Stay informed through real-time dashboards updated with trends and changes in the environment
vCISO ServicesLearn More
- Dedicated expert cybersecurity advisors with experience in the public sector
- Develops, coordinates, and executes a flexible security strategy
- Gain access to exclusive discussions and events with other leaders
Protect Your Community with ProCircular
Government cybersecurity is complex, and it’s an essential part of protecting our communities. ProCircular is among the best cybersecurity companies in Iowa, and we’re experienced with handling many different types of cybersecurity challenges for state and local governments. If you’re ready to take government cybersecurity to the next level, reach out to our team.