- Identify organizational risks in both service delivery and clinical engineering
- Prioritize technical and compliance risks and create your risk register
- Create your customized roadmap to translate risk into action
Cybersecurity for Trucking, Transportation & Logistics Companies
The logistics industry is the backbone of US commerce, and that has never been more apparent than through recent global supply chain hurdles. Today, organizations are equipped with new technology including mobile phones and IoT devices to connect their workers, customers and every point in between. As this growth should be celebrated, it simultaneously increases challenges in the logistics industry.
Cybersecurity Challenges In The Logistics Industry
By nature, organizations in the logistics industry have a need to connect resources that are dispersed geographically. However, this opens a unique set of challenges in the logistics industry when it comes to training and enforcing transportation cybersecurity measures for all users. If team members use company systems insecurely, the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of those systems are compromised. When systems, like e-logging, go down transit stops.
To prevent work stoppages, act proactively to identify and remedy transportation cybersecurity vulnerabilities. Outlined below are some of the many common risks in the logistics industry.
Decentralized, Unsecured Network Usage
When resources are spread across large areas, it is essential that the organization provides a user-friendly and reliable network to connect users and log work. Equipping that network with sufficient security controls will be an investment, both in the technical portion and in socializing new processes. However, delaying security implementation because of the investment puts the network at risk for attacks that cost more money and derail significantly more workflow than proactive process and software changes.
Balancing security and accessibility is key. That’s why ProCircular’s Cybersecurity Risk Assessment comes with detailed and prioritized recommendations for meeting your organization’s unique security goals before attackers come across the low-hanging fruit. Your consultant gathers information from several areas of the business, identifies gaps that invite risk, and delivers a report that outlines the most actionable ways to improve your logistics cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity Ransomware Attacks
Today, cybersecurity ransomware attacks are developed and perpetrated more quickly than law enforcement can respond, and ransom demands are reaching tens of millions of dollars. These bad actors extort their victims by accessing and encrypting critical data and systems. After the victim’s resources are locked up, the attacker reaches out and offers to sell the encryption key for a large ransom. ProCircular responded to an incident at a medium-large logistics company. Between the ransom payment and ProCircular’s Incident Response rate charges, this breach resulted in high unplanned costs to the client. The cost of idle labor and operational downtime would also likely inflate the fiscal damage substantially.
While these cybersecurity ransomware attacks can be devastating, they can also be reasonably avoided with rehearsed incident response plans, tested backups, and security awareness training for all users. ProCircular’s Incident Response Planning & Tabletop help your transportation company proactively assess and develop a strong response to any security incident, like ransomware attacks.
Unprepared For CMMC Compliance Regulations
Any organization contracted to work with the United States Department of Defense (DoD) is either currently required or will be required to meet some level of Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). This designation indicates that the company’s security controls are appropriately implemented and socialized. For this reason, a third party cannot “make you compliant,” but they can find current gaps and provide the necessary tools and support to close them. Our consultants start with a CMMC gap analysis then conduct workshops to guide you toward achieving CMMC accreditation.
Whether you are working towards CMMC accreditation or some other mandatory compliance, ProCircular’s team has the professional experience to help.
Risks and Compliance Testing
- A high-level overview of tech vulnerabilities
- Regular scanning to identify new external and internal threats
- Satisfy your ever-changing compliance requirements
Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
- Prepare with an Incident Response Plan or deploy us as the “boots-on-the-ground” during an incident
- Develop and conduct tabletop exercises to test your strategies and team against reality
- Preemptively establish ProCircular as your trusted partner in case of emergency
Penetration Testing and Preparation
- Discover how your organization looks from the hacker’s perspective
- Validate your existing public security investments and partner performance
- Develop a remediation plan with technical steps to promptly fix vulnerabilities
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Monitoring by security professionals to prevent and detect threats
- Be notified proactively of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends
- Stay informed through real-time dashboards updated with trends and changes in the environment
- Dedicated expert cybersecurity advisors with seasoned experience in healthcare
- Develops, coordinates, and executes a flexible security strategy
- Gain access to exclusive discussions and events with other leaders
Looking For Logistics Cybersecurity Companies in the Midwest? Call ProCircular!
We have extensive experience and expertise working in Transportation and Logistics cybersecurity. We have performed cybersecurity risk assessments, penetration tests, and incident response for several satisfied clients in the Transportation and Logistics industry. Plus, our remote testing capabilities make it easy to test multiple sites of operation. We are familiar with the top risks in this industry, as well as emerging risks in the broader cybersecurity field.
When you partner with ProCircular, you’ll be working with one of the top cybersecurity companies in Iowa and Minnesota. For your cybersecurity needs, call 844-95-SECUR, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us online.